1031X delivers attentive, transparent, and professional 1031 exchange services to every client. Our commitment to your needs – not ours, and not the needs of the tax authorities – means that your 1031 exchange is more likely to provide lasting tax advantages that fit your portfolio.
Work with us, and join the tens of thousands of investors we have helped over the past 30 years.
Our client stories & testimonials
We are very fortunate to have forged amazing relationships with real estate investors all over the United States. Read reviews for our 1031 exchange services from satisfied clients:
Forward 1031 exchange, 2021
Forward 1031 exchange, 2021
I found myself on vacation and not able to use the "other" 1031 exchange company due to a change in my closing date. I could not get in touch with them all day. I did some searching on my phone and found 1031X and gave them a call. Wow! They knew time was an issue and got everything done so fast. Since I was on vacation, I had to do everything on my phone. They were great. Got it done. I just want to say thank you to the whole team.”
Serial 1031 exchanges, 2017- 2020
They are deeply skilled, incredibly responsive and have an exceptional approach to translating complicated policies and procedures into understandable terms.
1031X not only handled our most recent 1031 exchange, but they graciously sorted through complicated records for previous transactions to ensure that our current exchange was perfectly executed.
They've engaged with our lender, title company, attorney and tax preparer with the utmost professionalism and generosity.
We are grateful for their time and expertise, and give them our absolute highest recommendation.”
Forward 1031 exchange, 2019
When my accountant told me that I would have a $20,000 tax bill due on the sale of an investment property, I decided to look into a 1031 exchange (even though I had no prior experience with tax planning.)
Scott at 1031X walked me through the process and was ALWAYS AVAILABLE to promptly answer any questions I had. Additionally he worked with my title companies to facilitate the transactions flawlessly and helped me utilize tax laws that benefited my business and my bottom line! I strongly recommend 1031X.”
Why work with 1031X for your next exchange?
If you hope to exchange your property for another of its kind, you’ll need a dependable intermediary to usher you through each step. The 1031 exchange process is complicated, but 1031X ensures you navigate it successfully. We know that investors have plenty of intermediary options; here’s why 1031X stands out.
Benefits of working with 1031X
- Dedicated service: From start to finish, you’ll work directly with your own dedicated 1031 expert who will help you see the process from all angles. We’ll always put your needs first as we walk you through the ideal exchange solution for your situation.
- Experienced consultants: The most experienced 1031 professionals find the opportunities others would miss. With 1031X, you’ll feel confident knowing your agent will leverage their vast knowledge to optimize your savings.
- Convenient technological innovations: As our partner, you’ll access our advanced tools that automate complicated 1031 processes to ensure accuracy and reduce delays. Our paperless client portal will guide you through the exchange process while securing your information behind blockchain-powered encryption software.
- Transparent prices: Each of our services features a single flat rate. We’ll schedule a fast, free consultation where you’ll learn upfront exactly how much you can expect to pay.
How to get started with your exchange
We simplify the 1031 exchange process by offering streamlined services from experienced consultants for the following steps:
- Consulting our experts: We’ll get to know your situation and collect all the necessary information for a successful exchange.
- Organizing your team: Your exchange officer will guide you through what it will take to complete the exchange.
- Signing exchange documents: We’ll provide secure electronic documents for you to sign that authorize the exchange.
- Selling the relinquished property: You’ll complete the property sale and gather the proceeds to deposit into an escrow account.
- Opening an escrow account: We’ll open a secure Qualified Escrow Account that will hold your proceeds until you’re ready to acquire your next property.
- Identifying target properties: You’ll have 45 days to find a replacement property.
- Purchasing your next property: When you execute a purchase agreement to put your new property under contract, contact your Exchange Officer. We’ll take it from there.
- Accessing funds from the escrow account: Purchase the replacement property using the funds from your Qualified Escrow Account.
- Unlocking your tax benefits: We’ll provide everything you need to complete the forms that end the 1031 exchange process and defer your capital gains taxes.
Request a consultation
Our experts are ready to help you defer your capital gains taxes through a smooth 1031 exchange process. For more on our services or the reasons our clients prefer us over the competition, please request a consultation online today!
My contact Denise was friendly, competent, and proactive in keeping the whole process flowing and on schedule. She clearly explained the steps and what was required of me along the way. One day before the close of escrow, I thought to verify that the title of my new property would have my trust as the owner rather than the individual "me".
I emailed my question and got a quick response back that paperwork must be re-done for the next day’s close Of course, I felt horrible for making Denise and her crew change everything because of my lack of attention to this matter!
Denise was cheerful and apparently happy to make the important changes.
The transer to do the funding and the movement of the leftover cash from the exchange to my bank account went smoothly. 1031x took precautions to call me on the phone to verify the account numbers before sending the money. They also took the effort to make sure the surety for the exchange was not taxed according to capital gains but was part of the tax-free 1031 process.
This saved me money that I honestly had not thought about!
I'm glad my real estate agent chose 1031X! I'm not surprised, though.”