Ohio 1031 Exchanage Services
Contact our Ohio office
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Ohio’s Top 1031 Exchange Company
Many investors count on 1031 exchanges to optimize their real estate investments through the power of tax deferral. With 1031X in Ohio, you can work with a committed, experienced Qualified Intermediary (QI) with solutions for nearly any strategy. Explore the opportunities for exchanges in Ohio and how our company works with you to make the process as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Real estate investment in Ohio
The real estate market in Ohio is friendly to investors — properties are reasonably priced, and the demand for housing continues to rise. In Columbus, for example, the population continues to grow thanks to plenty of employment opportunities as well as the presence of The Ohio State University.
Real estate investors can expect fairly consistent income from Ohio properties. The laws are also generally manageable for landlords, an increasingly rare commodity in a country where many state legislatures pass stringent pro-tenant regulations. With a 1031 exchange, you can not only enjoy these benefits but enhance them through the power of capital gains tax deferral.
1031 Exchanges in Ohio
The IRS sets the rules for a 1031 exchange, but state tax laws may change the situation in small ways. At 1031X, we act as your Qualified Intermediary to help you manage your exchange with ease, even with additional state tax considerations.
Completing a 1031 exchange in Ohio is relatively simple. If you want to complete an exchange in Ohio, you’ll need to follow the rules described by the IRS. You must:
- Exchange your asset for a like-kind property.
- Find a replacement property of equal or greater value to your relinquished property.
- Identify replacement properties within 45 days of the sale.
- Complete the exchange within 180 days of your sale.
- Work with a QI (like 1031X).
The team at 1031X will help you manage every requirement for a successful 1031 exchange. We also offer plenty of online resources, including our investor center and FAQ page, for you to learn more about the process.
Why choose 1031X as your Qualified Intermediary?
QIs are a must in a 1031 exchange — the use of one is required by the IRS. With that said, if you must work with a QI regardless, you should work with a team that offers the total package. With 1031X, you benefit from:
- Personalized attention: As one of the top 1031 exchange companies, we strive to cater to your unique investing goals as much as possible. You’ll work with a designated Exchange Officer who will take the time to understand your goals, guide you through the process, and answer questions when they arise.
- Automation: The 1031 exchange process comes with plenty of paperwork. We streamline the process with paperless automation to declutter the steps and make every document accessible.
- User-friendly client portal: Our online client portal keeps you connected to your 1031 exchange at all times. Use the portal to sign and reference documents, find properties, and chat with your Exchange Officer.
- Experience and connections: We’ve been in business since 1994 — we know what it takes to successfully complete a 1031 exchange in Ohio. In addition to our easy exchange solutions, you can count on us for our established connections with important players in real estate.
Experience the benefits of our easy exchange solutions
At 1031X, we bring a lot to the table (and no funny business) to help your 1031 exchange go smoothly and successfully. Request a free consultation to get started today.