Forward 1031 Exchange
Do you want to take your real estate investment strategy to the next level? The next time you place a property on the market for sale, consider performing a 1031 exchange. This strategy allows you to defer federal and state capital gains tax* and recaptured depreciation — which means that you get more purchasing power and flexibility.
The most common type of exchange — a “forward” 1031 exchange (also known as a “traditional” or “delayed” 1031 exchange) — is also the most simple method.
- You must exchange into a property or properties that are of equal or greater value.
- The properties involved must be like-kind to each other. The IRS’s rules on what justifies as like-kind are fairly broad.
- Your replacement property or properties must be identified within 45 days after your sale.
- Your replacement property or properties must be purchased within 180 days of your sale.
- You must work with a qualified intermediary (QI) on a delayed exchange.
- Access larger real estate investments, faster
- Control how and when you face taxes
- Flexibly switch between asset types
- Avoid common mistakes
Call us – (888) 899-1031
Or, send us a quick question right here →