1031 Exchange Services
Are you ready to elevate your real estate investment strategy? With a 1031 exchange, you can defer federal capital gains tax for greater purchasing power on your replacement property. At 1031x.com, Inc. (“1031X”), we offer numerous exchange options to provide greater flexibility.
As with all exchange companies, by regulation, we serve as the Qualified Intermediary (QI) to help administer, process, facilitate, and coordinate your exchange. 1031 exchange transactions are complex tax-deferred strategies. You should always seek the advice of your legal, financial, and tax counsel before entering into any exchange transaction. 1031X is available to work with you and your advisors in planning your 1031 exchange, but 1031X is serving solely in the role of the Qualified Intermediary. We are not providing legal, tax, or financial advice.
- Reach out to the 1031X team: We will be your Qualified Intermediary and discuss options to create a personalized exchange experience, without giving you the runaround.
- Sign exchange documents: Once you give our team permission to begin the exchange, you will receive electronic agreements to set up your individual Qualified Escrow Account and the exchange.
- Close on your relinquished sale: After filing the correct paperwork, the sale proceeds will enter escrow with one of our partner deposit institutions (a well-known, FDIC-insured bank or financial institution).
- Identify replacement properties: According to internal revenue codes, you must identify your replacement property — or properties, if you select more than one — within 45 days of the sale closure. You can complete this with our online portal.
- Enter a contract to buy replacements: After executing your sale and sale agreement with your Exchange Officer, you will enter an Assignment of Contract.
- Close your replacement sale: You must close your property transaction within 180 days of the sale of the first property (if a forward exchange), or 180 days after buying (if a reverse exchange).
- A greater sense of security: We deposit clients’ exchange proceeds in separate Qualified Escrow Accounts at FDIC-insured banking institutions. We also utilize industry-accepted security features to further protect against threats.
- Personalized attention: You will have access to an Exchange Officer and enjoy customized attention to help you stay on track.
- Decades of experience: We have decades of experience completing 1031 exchanges and many connections with real estate professionals who can aid in your exchange’s success.
- Paperless automation: To streamline paperwork, we offer paperless automation and access to our client portal. Sign documents, chat with our team, and locate properties.
- Customized exchange process: No exchanges are too complex for 1031X. Our team will work with you to personalize the exchange process to best fit your needs. No funny business here.